Monday, April 19, 2010

Wordplay


After looking at everyone's wordplay assignment, I thought of my trip to the Apple store. I went to get my laptop fixed last weekend at the Genius Bar, and can't get the Genius Bar logo out of my head. I never did understand the use of the atomic symbol (and I still wonder how they got the copyright of it), but I thought that they were really smart at placing 'u' and 's' at the center of the image, creating a word within a word - US.

I don't know if this is intentional, but to me, having that US placed like that, it seems to be hinting that the Genius Bar is a place for US - YOU (the customer) and I (the Genius). It is a one-to-one service, and it takes both of US to solve the technical problems on Mac, iPod, Apple TV, or iPhone. The customer communicates the problem to the Genius, and the Genius finds ways to solve it. Without the customer or the Genius, this problem cannot be solved.

On a side note, from my research, I found that Apple's logo is very similar to American Atheists, and I wonder if there are any hidden meaning. And I, again, wonder about the copyright issue. I don't know much about copyrights, but the similarity is so obvious... how did Apple get away with it?




No comments:

Post a Comment